SoccerBible Regulars
Connect with SB

Popular Tags
UK Freeview TV

Football News > Cesc Fabregas - Quick Q&A

After his sensational move to Puma Football, there was time for a quick Q&A from Cesc Fabregas to hear what he thinks of his new footwear and how Puma have made a great impression on him...

PumaFootball: What are your impressions of Puma?

Cesc:
A. Puma is such a strong brand with a positive attitude towards both football and life. From the very first time I met Puma, it was clear they really focused on the emotion and the joy in sport, not just the result. To me this is an interesting and refreshing approach. Puma made a great impression on me from the very beginning and it was obvious that this was the right move for me to sign this partnership. I am looking forward to working together and excited about the plans for the coming months and years.

PF: What is your opinion of the PowerCat 1.12 Boot?

Cesc: A. The boot has seriously impressed me. Playing in midfield is so combative and physical, I need a boot that gives me protection and support, but comfort is also really important and this boot offers it all. The PowerCat 1.12 Boot is without doubt gives me a lot of confidence to perform on the pitch.

PF: What do you think about some of PUMA’s other product ranges?

Cesc: The Puma performance wear is strong and technically very good, but I also really like their lifestyle clothes. There is a style about Puma that I’ve always admired, so I’m very happy that they’ve sent me a lot of new clothes!

PF: How do you feel about featuring as a key player for the Puma brand?

Cesc: A. For me it’s great. The communication plans that Puma have shown me are fantastic, so I’m really pleased to be incorporated into these plans. Puma has similar partnerships with many great footballers that I admire and to join them is also really exciting.

PF: What was the main deciding factor in signing the new partnership with Puma?

Cesc:
  The performance elements of the boots were obviously very important – I am of course a footballer and it’s so important for me to be successful in my career. Wearing the right boots is a critical part of this.

The Puma brand is very inclusive, and I believe in the way they work with players and their campaigns. For me, joy and passion is the most important elements of football and this drives me to continually improve myself as a footballer and as a person. Puma shares these same values.

It’s really important that I believe in the brand that I partner. Puma has shown me that they are totally committed to this partnership, and right from the start I have felt comfortable and happy with the way things have proceeded.

Fabregas joins Sergio Agüero, Radamel Falcao, Samuel Eto’o, Mario Gomez, Ibrahim Afalley, Loic Remy and other lead players as part of Puma's growing squad. So what do you think of Puma's growing army of footballing talent and the new PowerCat 1.12? Share your opinions with the SoccerBible community online, on Twitter and on our Facebook page.

Only published comments... Sep 30 2011, 10:30 AM by Editor

Comments

F50mate said:

noiiiiice

September 30, 2011 3:27 PM

Alexisnuno11 said:

September 30, 2011 3:28 PM

Ctr360goal said:

First nice interview but what is wrong with Nike

September 30, 2011 3:30 PM

daireoconnor said:

wow. shock

September 30, 2011 3:33 PM

Peter Boots said:

It's just a contract to sell more soccershoes, more a marketing ploy (this time of PUMA), everyone knows that the CTR360 Maestri Elite 2 is one of the best boots on the market, and PUMA Cat Power 1.12 can not compete with NIKE. It's all about €

September 30, 2011 3:57 PM

Arian said:

what a shocker.. all nike's golden boys are drifting away

September 30, 2011 4:01 PM

willy_sch said:

hahahaha, this is *** great!!

September 30, 2011 7:51 PM

Destined4Peace said:

footballers who play with their hearts NEVER wear nike, i knew fabregas would switch one day and i'm soooo excited to see how he progresses at barcelona now...

September 30, 2011 8:44 PM

gooner4life said:

Wow, I don't really know what to say.

September 30, 2011 10:33 PM

Schnitzelmann said:

@Peter Boots

No doubt is it all about money! Why shoult Goetze wear Superflys for instant, if he could wear Adizeros? - Because he gets 15 Million from Nike...

and by the way, Powercat 1.10 are great boots and so will be 1.12 and I don't see why they should not be able to compete with CTRs, even so they may not be as popular as the Nikes.

September 30, 2011 10:45 PM

unomaas said:

Ill say anything if they were paying me 20million...

September 30, 2011 11:20 PM

Predator26 said:

Ok I don't get it puma powercats are crappy

September 30, 2011 11:30 PM

ROQUE13 said:

WHAT HAPPEN  WITH THE PLAYERS

CHANGING SHOES  NOW FABREGAS CHANGE

CTR360  FOR PUMA POWER CAT ,......

MAYBE CRISTIANO RONALDO CHANGE NIKE FOR ADIDAS  COPA MUNDIAL ... HAHAHAH

October 1, 2011 12:56 AM

diegobarca10 said:

so.......i guess iniesta is the face of the ctr360

October 1, 2011 1:39 AM

bunderking7 said:

wow fabregas is soo dumb shoulda stayed at arsenal and worn ctrs.

October 1, 2011 4:12 AM

bunderking7 said:

@destined4peace

umm wayne rooney??? duhhh greatest playa eva and he totally loves the game!!!! And even more team playa who loves the game,,,, CHICHARITO!!!!!! MAN DESTINED FOR PEACE UR A DUMBASS DONT BE HATIN ON OTHER PLAYERS!!!!!

October 1, 2011 4:14 AM

chung979 said:

now Iniesta replace him. become the key image of CTR360

October 1, 2011 4:32 AM

singh1997football said:

i dont know what to say, i wear adipowers, so i cant comment on the qualitiy of the boot, but nike is surely on a rise in signings!

October 1, 2011 9:08 AM

ongushi said:

i don't interest u

October 1, 2011 3:53 PM

T904EVER said:

puma are signing everybody! these look a lot like the adipowers, might think of getting these

October 1, 2011 5:11 PM

Destined4Peace said:

@bunderking7, im not hating on anyone you ***, what makes you think rooney loves the game?? football boots tell a lot about the player, every football player that wears nike plays to get paid and since nike offers the most money and the brightest boots to make them look good, they sign for nike, look at it this way, ronaldo wears nike and he only cares about getting paid, rooney is no exception, he plays for himself and not for the team, but that's just my opinion, you've seen rooneys famous smile he has everytime he scores, but does he smile when nani or hernandez score, nope.. that's proof he plays to score for himself and he thinks about himself when he steps onto the pitch, so he would obviously wear nike.... someone like messi on the other hand plays for the team, he smiles when he scores but he has a wider smile when villa scores, this is proof therefore that he plays for the team and not to get paid, he therefore wears addidas, im not hating on anything, im just looking at the facts..

October 1, 2011 6:09 PM

cesarmontes11 said:

@Destined4Peace, haha wow that has to be the most stupid logic ever! Are you even reading half of what you"re saying? it's so ridiculous its sad. and what facts? do you measure player's smiles from cheek to cheek? lol thanks for making my day really :)

October 2, 2011 2:40 AM

barc4b0y said:

nice Cesc signing Puma

October 2, 2011 3:08 AM

daniel2754 said:

lol wow first aguero now cesc

October 2, 2011 5:44 AM

imcr7 said:

@Destined4Peace , speak when spoken too, your logic is the dumbest stuff i have ever read, I want that 2 seconds of my life back that i took to read what you said. "nike players dont play with their hearts" are you high? you dont even belong on this website , your a disgrace, go tell el phenenmo  , or iniesta or ronalo or ramos or any of the great players who wear Nike, delete your account I banish you

October 2, 2011 6:18 AM

ltjw said:

@Destined4Peace just shut up you dumb ***

October 2, 2011 7:50 AM

B0W3N said:

ur a *** Destined4Peace, players have to like the boots and all the best players are selfish thats why they are good ( u dont see messi pass the ball when he thinks he can score do u ).

October 12, 2011 4:50 PM

tcjk said:

i love puma if its not mercs than go puma

October 22, 2011 10:31 AM

tcjk said:

destined4peace how do u think they became good if they dont love the game

October 22, 2011 10:34 AM

saif_heat said:

@destined4peace

just shut up. now listen, put mercurial and f50 side by side. you must see the dfrnc. mercurial (and all the nikes) are football boots, those are not toys like adidas! so now tell me who cares for football more, a nike wearer or a adidas wearer? it definetly doesn't matter whether players are switching from nike, nike is the best........................

November 11, 2011 7:18 PM